Avoid ICE – PEACE and LOVE principle

Source: https://www.physio-pedia.com/Peace_and_Love_Principle Common and well-known principles of soft tissue injury management include principles such as RICE and POLICE, but there is so much more complexity to the management and rehabilitation of soft tissue injuries. These well-known methods focus on the acute management of soft tissue injuries and do not really provide any information on the sub-acute and chronic […]

What is fascia and what are the benefits of fascia training with foam roller?

The fascia or connective tissue plays a hugely important role in the human body and this has only recently been discovered. The health of the fascia matters to everyone from your 80 year old granny to todays top athletes. Modern science shows that any kind of performance training or rehabilitation activities are much more effective […]

I couldn’t imagine the rehabilitation without massage

Massage can play an important role in the process of injury rehabilitation. Massage encourages blood circulatory movement and relaxes muscles. Massage helps to deliver more oxygen and nutrients to soft tissues and organs. An increase of vital nutrients into the tissues accelerates the healing rate of injured areas. Massage can help a range of injuries […]

Best plant protein sources

Here’s how different vegan and vegetarian protein sources stack up: Beans: Just a half cup of any bean variety packs 6 to 9 grams of protein — plus 6 to 8 grams of fibre to keep you full. Beans may also help lower cholesterol and promote healthy gut bacteria.  Lentils: Whether they’re brown, green or red, adding […]

What Is the Buteyko Breathing Technique?

A Ukrainian doctor, Konstantin Buteyko, created the Buteyko breathing technique (BBT) in the 1950s. This therapeutic breathing method uses breath retention exercises to control the speed and volume of your breath. This helps you to learn to breathe more slowly, calmly, and effectively. The benefits of Buteyko breathing include enhanced breath control, which helps to […]

Synergy Stones

SYNERGY STONES are specially shaped stone massage tools that you can heat and then use to give relaxing and therapeutic hot stone massage therapy. We hand make each stone from solid stoneware which a very strong type of ceramic.  Synergy Stones are the creation of Scott Wynn, LMT of over 25 yrs. He started on […]


Magnesium is naturally present in a variety of foods, available as a supplement, and an ingredient in antacids and laxatives. The mineral plays an important role in assisting more than 300 enzymes to carry out various chemical reactions in the body such as building proteins and strong bones, and regulating blood sugar, blood pressure, and […]


Calcium is a mineral most often associated with healthy bones and teeth, although it also plays an important role in blood clotting, helping muscles to contract, and regulating normal heart rhythms and nerve functions. About 99% of the body’s calcium is stored in bones, and the remaining 1% is found in blood, muscle, and other […]

How to Engage Your Core

If you’ve ever worked out with a personal trainer or in a group fitness class, you’ve likely heard your trainer or instructor say something along the lines of:  Brace your core! Engage your abs! Stable midline!  Other cues that trainers use include “pull your belly button toward your spine” and “flex your abs”. Though there’s […]